Peanut Butter Banana White Chocolate Oatmeal CookiesPosted: November 8, 2010 | |
Stop. Banana time.
Yesterday afternoon I found myself in every foodie’s favorite position: being in possession of a single over-ripe banana, a few hours of free time, and the baking bug. Is that or is that not the perfect scenario for kitchen magic?
Oh yes indeedy. Can’t touch this.
Actually, as a matter of fact, please do touch this. I have a dozen of these and the overwhelming urge to consume…erm…all of them…in one sitting. Self control, self control, self control…ah hell, shove ‘em off on the roomie.
Peanut Butter Banana White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (aka everything but the kitchen sink blobs of deliciousness)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup natural white chocolate chunks
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp Smart Balance (or other butter/butter substitute)
- 2 tsp creamy, no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large separate bowl, blend sugar, butter, vanilla, banana, and egg (to most easily halve the egg, crack it into a small dish and use a tablespoon to break and scoop out half of the yolk as well as half of the whites).
- Add contents of first bowl to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Add in oats and white chocolate pieces. Combine until evenly distributed.
- Form balls and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. CRUCIAL STEP: Reserve generous amount for bowl-licking 🙂 Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350* F (or until golden brown allover), remove from baking sheet to cool.
No flimsy or crunchety Famous Amos here – I’m all about the dense, hearty, stick-to-your-ribs cookies.
With wholesome ingredients like wheat bran, peanut butter, and whole wheat flour, these are a cookie I’m incredibly excited to pair with a cup of fresh ground coffee for a cold-weather pick-me-up!
Have you created – or come across – any interesting cookie recipes lately? Please, share!