Are you going to run a marathon or something?Posted: November 19, 2010
Good morning guys!
I’m triply excited for today – not only am I enjoying an awesome yogurt mess for breakfast, but it’s Friday and my work is celebrating Thanksgiving a bit early with a family and friends potluck.
I’m kicking the awesome day off with a big ol’ yogurt mess:
- Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- Leftover cranberry filling from my white chocolate cranberry crumb bars
- Sliced banana
- Flax seeds
I love the cranberries in it! I know it undermines the sugar content, but I didn’t want to waste the leftovers from my bars, especially when it makes a plain yogurt into a yummy, fallish fruit-on-the-bottom business! I was up super late baking them last night as part of my contribution to the potluck!
My other contribution is a vegan, gluten-free gravy for myself and the other vegetarian teacher at our school.
Easy Vegan, Gluten-Free Gravy with Onion and Rosemary
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I used Pacific organic/low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Light (or other butter substitute)
- In a large saucepan, sauté’ finely minced onion with the Smart Balance light. Add in flour, rosemary, oregano, and salt.
- In a pot over medium heat, stir together vegetable broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, and nooch.
- Mix in onion, stirring until combined and thickened in texture.
Almost too easy, no?
You know what isn’t easy? Not for me, at least?
Knocking out a five mile run.
Actually, it wasn’t hard, since I kept my speed very low (I completed in 54:07), but I wasn’t exactly ready to deliver a lecture at the end either 😉 My mum called on the way home and I informed her that I couldn’t talk because I was beelining for my shower after running five miles. Her response?
Faith, are you going to run a marathon or something?
Hells. To. The. Yes.
Yes, ma, I am going to run a marathon! Maybe not for quite some time…but eventually! I’m definitely enthusiastic about the training and making it happen!
Speaking of enthusiasm, I’ll have part eight of Project Enthusiasm up tonight. I was SO exhausted yesterday evening that I crashed before even looking at the phrase or rough drafting the post!
Make it a great one!