Tangy Eggplant and Rutabaga SaladPosted: November 24, 2010
Good afternoon! Hope you’re having a great day!
I didn’t have a lot of time for lunch this afternoon so I was incredibly glad to have made a quick and easy recipe last night. It came in very handy!
Tangy Eggplant and Rutabaga Salad
Vegan, Serves Two
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Drew’s Lemon Goddess Dressing
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Peel and cube rutabaga; dice eggplant. Toss with olive oil, dill, and parsely.
- Spread veggie mix over baking sheet with tin foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes; stir/rotate; roast for 10 more.
- Transfer to a large dish; chill thoroughly. Pour on Lemon Goddess, toss until evenly coated, and serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds!
Incredibly simple and delicious!
Eggplants and rutabagas aren’t exactly neutral flavored vegetables, but the combination works, especially with the tangy dressing to tie it together!
Theoretically now I should get back to the TONS to do before the gym this evening! I have a feeling I’ll be baking and playing on facebook instead Gah, thank goodness it’s only a three day week and then a LOOOOOOONG holiday weekend!!!