Roasted Strawberries and Plums with Brown Sugar YogurtPosted: December 12, 2010
In blog land, it’s rare to see a day where at least one of the posts that pop up in my Google Reader don’t discuss roasted veggies of some sort. String beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes…you get the picture.
Trust me – I understand the roasting love. In fact, I understand it so much that I couldn’t help but roast my breakfast this morning!
Simple enough to make before my coffee kicks in, yet luscious enough to make my Monday morning a little smoother of a transition back to life!
Roasted Strawberries and Plums with Brown Sugar Yogurt
Vegetarian, serves one
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 large plum
- 1 teaspoon butter/butter substitute
- 6 ounces plain Greek Yogurt (I used one of the containers Chobani sent me to sample)
- 1.5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- Slice strawberries and plum and toss in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over fruit; spread over tin foil lined baking pan and bake for 8 minutes at 375*
- While fruit roasts, stir brown sugar into yogurt.
- Remove fruit from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then spoon over the top of the yogurt.
When I was a little girl, one of my favorite desserts at my grandmother’s house was fresh strawberries with a sour cream and brown sugar dip. This carries the same flavors but in a breakfast-friendly incarnation!
I’m enjoying the roasted fruit as I laze into my day, oddly enjoying the DOMS (delayed onset muscle syndrome) I woke up with as the result of an amazing whole-body workout that I BEASTED yesterday. I’ve got the lowdown and a Next Big Thing inspired playlist headed your way this evening! Have a great Monday, everybody!